The hall was completed in 1928
The site for the hall, and the hall itself (although subsequently enlarged), was given by Mr Reginald Bray (a local landowner and philanthropist) in 1925 for the benefit of the village and, specifically for the benefit of the Holmbury St Mary branch of the Women's Institute. The foundation stone was laid on 24th August, 1927 by Mrs Barlow-Webb (the first president of the local WI) and the hall was completed in 1928. Though dedicated to the WI, the hall was always available to other groups and clubs both from within and outside the village.
The hall remained 'The WI Hall' until 2008 when it became The Holmbury St Mary Village Hall. The hall remains true to its origins with it being used by a range of groups from within and outside the local community.
2014 has seen the Hall transform once again as a spacious terrace was added to the front of the hall and inside completely refurbished.